Monday, March 17, 2008

Thoughts to Ponder On This Holy Week

When life had no problems, I enjoyed myself, was generally cool, calm and collected. That was before the troubles started rolling in. And, boy when those troubles hit, they sure hit hard. That was the time when I freaked out, when I actually lost faith in myself and started to lose faith in God's love for me. That was the time when when I flirted with the razor edge of despair over losing everything. Then I realized the basic truth - I could not solve my problems alone.

I realized that when we run into problems, we have this tendency to blame that which lies outside the sphere of ourselves We blame our enemies, we sometimes blame our friends, we blame the rotten job, the brown-nosin' officemates, the traffic inching down the superhighway, the mean boss, the unfeeling spouse, the insensitive lover. But when we look deeper, we discover that what initially appeared to be a problem was actually an opportunity. The way for us to see the opportunity is to lift ourselves to a higher point of view. When we learn to accept – not deny – responsibility for the way we think and feel about problems, we open our minds to the guidance of our heart and soul. We open our minds to the guidance of God. We are never presented with a so-called problem unless we can solve it, either by ourselves, or with the help of others.

Remember:

No matter how good things are in your life, there is always something bad that needs to be worked on.

No matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for.

No matter how confusing things start out, in the end everything works out OK.

So don't worry - be happy!

No comments: